What are Mesenchymal Stem Cells?
Over the past decade, stem cell therapy has advanced to become one of the most beneficial alternatives to medication for chronic pain and debilitating injuries to joints and extremities.
Mesenchymal stem cell therapy is a non-invasive, cutting-edge and virtually pain-free therapy used to address conditions including:
- Shoulder pain and rotator cuff tears
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and wrist pain
- Disc herniation and lumbar facet syndrome
- Lower back pain
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Knee arthritis and ligament tears
- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy
Mesenchymal stem cells (commonly referred to as MSCs) are multipotent cells that signal your body to activate self-healing and regeneration.
MSCs offer several benefits, including:
- Non-controversial. Being that MSCs are derived from sources such has adult bone marrow and tissue, they are not involved in the ethical issues that surround embryonic stem cell research.
- Low risk. Studies show that MSCs are immune-privileged, which means they are able to be well-tolerated with low risk of rejection and complications of transplantation.
- Highly effective. Through advances in the use of MSCs to regenerate human tissues, including cartilage, meniscus, tendons and bone fractures, MSC’s are considered to be very effective in targeting sites of damage and regulating immune response. As a result, MSCs offer the potential to impact a wide range of both acute and degenerative disorders.
Contact the Genesis Regeneration Centers today
To learn more about the process and benefits of mesenchymal stem cells, contact the team at Genesis Regeneration Centers today!